|My Family Kitchen|
Orange Flavored Chicken
Copycat Panda Express Orange Flavored Chicken Recipe
1. Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch cubes, set aside.
2. To make marinade - combine egg white, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir vigorously until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add chicken cubes to marinade and stir to coat well.
3. To make orange sauce - combine water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cornstarch and sesame oil; stir and set aside. Place a pot over high heat. When pot is hot, add the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and heat. Add orange peel and scallion and stir for about 20 seconds, taking care not to burn the orange peel.
4. Pour combined sauce ingredients into the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
5. Preheat 4 cups oil to 350-375°F. Meanwhile, put marinated chicken in the plastic baggie containing the cornstarch. Shake chicken well for about 20 seconds or until chicken is covered with cornstarch. Shake off all excess cornstarch and fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown, approximately 2 1/2 minutes. Remove chicken from oil with a slotted spoon, drain well and set aside. Add fried chicken to pot with heated orange sauce, stir for about 30 seconds, then serve immediately.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
Free Online Recipes | Martini Recipes | Recipe Collections | Cooking Tips | Resources | Holiday Cooking | About Us | Recipe of the Week | Site map | Link exchange request | Italian Recipes | Guest Articles | News | Gifts and Services | Classic Vintage Recipes | Wedding and Shower Favors | Practical Jokes and Gag Gifts | Radio Flyer Store| Beer Recipes | Beer Kits |Big Family Recipes | Entertaining Recipes | CigArrest | Cooking Products | CafeMom | MediFast Meal Replacement Plan |Cooking Videos | As Seen on TV Store | Resume | Parenting Forum