Baked Trout With White Wine
A delicious trout recipe with a homemade dill sauce. You will need 2 large trout filets (around 1 pound each), a very sharp knife and some fresh dill. This recipe is perfect to impress your guests as it could be served in the finest seafood restaurants. You will have to check the trout frequently to prevent overcooking and to baste the filets with cooking liquid.
Baked Trout With White Wine Recipe
- 2 large trout filets (around 1 pound each)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup white wine
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Skin the trout filets if not already done.
- In a large cooking pot, cook the green onion in butter, over low heat, for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper to taste. Stir slowly to mix the ingredients.
- Lay the filets side by side into the mixture then bake, covered at 350 F for 40 minutes, basting often with cooking sauce.
- Remove cover and bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain the filets, set them aside and keep them warm.
- Add the cream and chopped dill to your cooking liquid, and stir slowly for 10 minutes over low heat to create the sauce.
- Serve with the dill sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
This recipe was contributed by G. Labrecque editor of Easy Comfort Foods.